On Pajamas media what appears to be their token lib wrote the following (my comment is still awaiting moderation so just in case they chose not to publish I’ve posted it here).
//thuggish goons carrying guns (yes I know it’s legal, it’s also incredibly stupid), haters screaming down dissenters from their talking points at Townhalls, the kind of violence in the rhetoric of the anonymous cowards who spill their bile–behind their cowardly anonymity–in the comments section.//
Oh dear, let’s just take this as it comes shall we?
1. Thuggish goons- surely you mean members of the New Black Panthers or may haps the purple shirted members the SEIU or AFT (of course they are into the “gentle persuasion” of kindergardeners and music) among a host of others.
2. “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” “SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”…….you see, those of us on the right do not go out looking for people to shoot, we seek only to protect ourselves and our communities. If that means we have to carry a gun, or stand up for those who can not do so, so be it.
3. The politics of incivility we’ve learned from our left wing foes. From the likes of Code Pink, Alec Baldwin, Al Franken, Cindy Shehan, as well as members of the Democratic party who say things like “Republicans want you to die…..quickly” or “Conservatives want children to starve” or “….THEY want to take away your Medicare and Social Security”. We have finally begun to speak up and talk back and behave in an “Uppity” manner………get used to it. Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander, you know.
4. Most of us (conservatives) don’t HATE anyone. It’s counter to our belief system and an anathema to us. We don’t like some things some people do, we dislike some peoples actions and words and we detest some people (but you really have to work at that) but we DO NOT HATE people, groups of people or countries of people. Unlike the left we can separate people from ideas. We can disagree without making it personal and we can without screeching make our points. I don’t know which Townhalls you attended but from the scenes I saw the only time people got vocal is when their elected official LIED to them. I think if someone looks you in the eye and lies to you, you have the right to call them on it right there and then. Of course our esteemed counter parts on the left have NEVER behaved in a disrespectful manner.
* From the Democratic Underground…..”Ann Coulter may be a travesty of humanity, as unacceptable a hank of flesh draped on a hanger ever to be foisted upon an ignorant populace….”
but hey, it’s not personal, just politics, as was the pie in the face she received for daring to exercise “free speech”.*
5.As a coward hiding behind anonymity I have seen what happens to people who speak their minds (see above). I have a job and a family to protect. I know that there are crazies on both sides of any issue but my fear is not those who would come after me physically but those who would seek to have me fired or who would harass my kids and spouse or worse yet sue me for my beliefs. So yes, I am afraid………I have seen the absolute lunatic behavior of those who are for gay marriage, against the war, for abortion and universal healthcare. I have seen the hate (Bush Hitler, Nazi, Brown shirts ect) that were visited upon former President Bush and now watch with ironic detachment when the same names are recycled to the new resident of the White House. Sauce for the goose……….
I guess that after years of being called every horrible name under the sun, being blamed for everything from Global Warming (welcome to the new ice age, folks) to the extinction of the Delta Smelt (a minnow like fish in CA, where water levels are so low farms and products are in danger of collapse) Americans have had enough.
(apologies for the length, but you really tread on my last nerve)
*This guy could really use a better spell check program or an editor. While some small mistakes are expected, one wonders if he actually read his diatribe before he published it.
Up date: (wow sounds like I actually know what I’m doing. Don’t act so surprised!)
Hot off the Michele Malkin site, email about a story run saying Malkin is being mean to an O’vomit apologizer and supporter. At least the posters had the courage to give their names but since they are the crazies I worry about I’m not surprised.
date Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 1:40 PM
I feel bad for your kids; to be raised in such a hate-filled household must be devastating.
I wish somebody could call CPS on your Asian ass before your children develop the same hatred running through your Filipino veins.
date Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM
subject Charisse Carney-Nunes
Michelle Malkin, she’s just a brainless %it. Instead of pissing in the toilet, she pisses in the media. She’s Rush Limbaugh’s girlfriend on the side.
date Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM
subject your lineage
I reviewed your image this am and I noticed your thick lips. Please tell me you’re not BLACK. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.//