Of all the irresponsible, ignorant, false, misleading and wrong headed things I’ve seen lately this takes the proverbial cake. This nonsense comes to us from the University (of course) of Maryland (again not a surprise at all). While I realize I am sensitive, probably over sensitive , to the dreck that comes to us from the Peoples Democratic Republic of Maryland, who have given us some of the most useless and dangerous political figures, at least in the last 50 or so years ( Pelosi is a member of the D”Alesando family, disgraced VP Spiro Agnew, Sarbanes, Mikulski, and too many more to list), I must say that this new ridiculousness has them all beat by a couple of miles or kilometers if you swing that way.
“‘This year, we learned that it is legal to hunt down and kill American children in Florida,’ it (an email) reads, in a reference to the trial of George Zimmerman, who was cleared of all charges in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. The email went out to all students in the Honors College.”
This professor is the Dean of the Honors College at the university. One would suppose that he would be professional, rational and somewhat sane, but then this is higher learning where we have to debate what the meaning of the word “is” is. He wanted to and I quote from the article “stir the pot”. Well in the interest of true disclosure then lets really stir the pot sir.
- Trayon Martin was high, he was acting suspiciously in a neighborhood where he was a stranger, that had been victimized by young black thugs wearing black hoodies-which he was wearing, hence the neighborhood watch. Someone was following him, so instead of going home or asking what the man wanted he thought beating him up, telling him he was going to kill him and beating his head into the concrete was a good idea. Zimmerman called the cops and stopped following him by this time so Trayvon was now the hunter and Zimmerman the prey. While this all is tragic it does not constitute a “racial” incident. I dare say that if the kid had been white the same thing would have happened given the circumstances. But let’s view a few other tragedies that the Dean doesn’t seem to be a fired up about.
- Reginald and Jonathan Carr murdered 5 individuals after brutalizing them, raping them and torturing them. Leaving the last victim for dead with a bullet hole in her head, naked in the freezing cold they were indeed “hunters”. They stalked their victims. Funny thing the Carr brothers were black and yet their victims were white. The DA in Wichita Kansas decided that the killings were not racially based and refused to prosecute them as “hate crimes”.
- Channon Christian and Christopher Newsome were murdered gruesomely by 5 animals. The couple from Tennessee were white the perpetrators, black.
- Antonio Santiago was murdered as he sat in his stroller by two black thugs trying to get money from his mother. I don’t know, kind of a different set of circumstances than Trayvon. Ya’ think?
- Delbert “Shorty” Belton 88 year old veteran murdered in Spokane. According to the thugs who beat him to death it was a drug deal that went wrong. Out side an Eagle hall were anyone could see it? Really? Talk about being hunted.
- Michael Daniels of Syracuse was killed in a “knockout” murder where black youths kicked his eye out of it’s socket, he died the next day. Apparently in Syracuse NY this was just a random teenage thing, even better there was no robbery so it’s was simply for “fun”.
- Christopher Lane was murdered as he walked along an Oklahoma road. Australian ballplayer was shot in the back by three “youths” who were bored and thought it would be “fun”. The youths were black and Lane was white but here again we see the “random violence defense” used instead of invoking “hate crime” laws.
And there are so many, many others.
But lest you think I’m beating a dead white horse we have this:
“A 2007 special report released by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, reveals that approximately 8,000 — and, in certain years, as many as 9,000 African Americans are murdered annually in the United States. This chilling figure is accompanied by another equally sobering fact, that 93% of these murders are in fact perpetrated by other blacks. The analysis, supported by FBI records, finds that in 2005 alone, for example, African Americans accounted for 49% of all homicide victims in the US — again, almost exclusively at the hands of other African Americans.” African Americans make up less than 13 % of the population.
And so it would seem that the Dean is correct that it is perfectly OK to hunt black children but he’s wrong that “whites” are the hunters. Numbers don’t lie and while you can make statistics say anything you want, these statistics don’t lie. We have the graves and grieving families to prove it. What we don’t have is real substantive dialogue on how to fix it. America doesn’t have culture of violence, some communities have a culture of violence. America doesn’t have to fix it’s culture, communities within America have to fix their culture and having 75% of their children born into homes with out a father and a mother is one of the most important places to start.
But we can’t talk about that. Professors don’t dare talk about that. It pejorative, it’s racist, it’s hateful ……………but it’s fact. So Dean, let’s stir the pot but make sure you get way down deep to the bottom and drag up all of the burned and blistered nastiness as well. It’s really the only way to clean it up.